Engaging Worthing in responding positively and creatively to energy descent
Personal and planetary wellbeing is at the heart of Transition. When we are in right relationship with ourselves and the planet, we become part of the flow and rhythm of life.
"Wellbeing", as well as looking at the inner processes that help us to embrace change, aims to help us find our own rhythm and come to understand that whatever we do to ourselves, we do to the planet. Therefore in taking better care of ourselves we make a valuable contribution towards the good of the whole.
Latest Activity: yesterday
For the most up-to-date and specific details/directions for all of these events, check out "Events" tab every month (at top of opening menu) under the appropriate title/date. Suggested donations for all events £3 unless stated otherwise.
Monthly meetings will take place on the last Thursday of every month. Meetings will alternate between daytime and evening to give everyone an opportunity to attend. Focus of the meetings will be sharing ideas/beliefs/fears/hopes, and a topic/theme chosen by group members. We will continue to mark the seasons and engage with the land. We will also continue to link with other groups/projects/events where appropriate to emphasise the underlying importance of Wellbeing.
WELLBEING UPDATE and FUTURE MEETINGS: Well, we've had 3 meetings so far this year and 1 event. We've had some interesting discussions at our evening meetings around fear of change and starting new projects, and what does peoplecare mean to us. At the daytime meeting we had a presentation and demonstration on Zero Balancing, a powerful and interesting bodywork therapy helping to align structure with energy, and mind and body. We had an event for Spring Equinox, which aptly became a family event with children and adults painting eggs and planting hopes/seeds!
UPCOMING EVENTS APR - JUN:
- 24th April at 10.30am at Northcourt Road - An Introduction to TRAGER, an approach to rebalancing the body and mind using movement and touch with Janet Cranch (of Eco Open Houses fame!) - this will include a talk, a demonstration and tips to take home.
- 29th May at 7.30pm at Northcourt Road - Decoding the Language of the Body with Liane
- 21st June Summer Solstice - event tba
- 26th June at (time tbc) at Downlands Avenue - How Living Sustainably can Enhance our Wellbeing with Merry and Richard in their wonderful home and garden.
Ideas for future events include:
- discussion on Joanna Macy's work and how we can help people face change
- mood boosting foods - how what we eat affects our wellbeing
- mindfulness as a way of managing our busy thoughts in our busy lives
- walks outdoors
- and much more!
These ideas have come from people attending the group, and so I welcome more suggestions as what you would like to discuss, share, learn about to help you improve your own health and wellbeing.
I look forward to seeing you at one or more of these events.
Hello to all, as the new group lead for the TTW Wellbeing group, I am excited to take on this opportunity. I invite you to join me on this journey of discovery and learning about what makes us well…Continue
Started by Liane Webb. Last reply by Liane Webb Jan 17.
The second Heart & Soul Group meeting is on Tuesday 19th October, 7.30pm at the Ardington Hotel. This meeting will be a workshop to investigate two themes:The assumptions of the Industrial…Continue
Started by Steve Last. Last reply by Diane Beechcroft Oct 6, 2010.
Add a Comment